Thursday, August 24, 2006

Eric "Butterbean" Esch Pre-fight Interview


Again thanks to Tensei. Minowa was unavailable. Probably flagpole sitting or swalloing goldfish.


BUTTERBEAN
- I'm very excited about my first Pride fight. I always liked Pride, I feel honored to be able to fight in the best ring in the world.

- The reason I've been doing MMA lately is because MMA is fun. Because of my big body, boxing tends to get boring. By contrast there are so many factors in MMA, it goes well with my big heard. I train at ATT now, they're like family to me now.

- My best weapon is obviously punches, but my ground game improved now too. Before people used to say "he's over after he gets taken down" but now it's different. I'll shock everyone with my "Bean"JJ, haha.

- My best move I guess is the choke? I won several times with chokes and it'll be fun to beat Minowa with a choke. Well I'm like a turtle and I don't have a neck, so I don't think Minowa will be able to choke me. By the way I'll fight at around 390 pounds. There are other MMA fighters that are as big as me, but they don't have stamina. I have that stamina, and I know how to use my body effectively.

- Minowa is strong and brave, he's one of my favorite fighters. This match will be between two brave warriors, so I think it'll be really exciting, and I myself am looking forward to this fight. I have to watch out for his leg locks though. So I will try to keep him from geting to my legs. On the other hand if I'm standing then there's nothing to be afraid of. Minowa, go ahead and punch me as much as you want, I'll just stand there smiling haha.

- Minowa fought tall fighters before, but he probably never fought a big and strong guy like me. This fight will be Minowa's techniques versus Butterbean's power. Some are comparing this to Ali VS Inoki, but Inoki knows nothing about the ground game. I will show you the new style: BeanJitsu I'm learning at ATT. I'm as big as two Ali's!

- Would I rather win with a KO or a win? What does the audience want to see? I don't mind either way. If they want a KO, I'll give them a KO!

No comments: