Friday, August 25, 2006


DENIS KANG


- My condition is very good. This year I’ve been fighting a lot without rest, so I’ve been maintaining my good condition at all times. I feel I’m naturally staying in shape.

- Suloev is in the second round, so he must be a strong fighter. He’s especially strong with kicks. His kickboxing skill and footwork is good too. But I’m better at applying pressure and in terms of overall skills, so I don’t feel intimidated by him. I will be relaxed going into the fight, but it’s times like these where you can eat a counter so I want to be cautious too.

- I will first engage in stand up, and want to eventually take it to the ground. Subs are the fastest ways to finish a fight. I think the fight will go basically the way I just said. Recently I’ve been doing a lot of wrestling, boxing, and jiujitsu. For subs I like kimura, arm bars, and RNCs.

- Some fans are saying that I’m one of the strong contenders in winning the GP, after watching my fight at the Opening Round. To me that’s a great source of pride and honor. I really deeply appreciate the fans. Right now I’m maintaining a good condition, but in order to become a champ I think I would have to train even harder.

- In this event, Butterbean who joined the American Top Team 3-4 weeks ago will also be completing. He’s very famous in the states. He has a lot of experience, and he’s huge so everyone’s surprised. And he only came to ATT recently, but he absorbs techniques amazingly fast. For us this was really surprising. He basically has no neck, so he has the advantage of being hard to choke.

- I have pride in representing ATT. Compared to the other teams we are relatively young, but we have a lot of strong fighters. I want to take home the belt and give the team an additional boost. I don’t know the percentages of winning or losing, but I have 150% confidence in fighting on the ring. I want to win for the Japanese fans and dedicate the belt for you guys.



AMAR SULOEV
- My condition is very good right now. I went to a training camp in terms of special preparation for the match. We trained in a school gym type place with the Emelianenko brothers and the Red Devil team for a month. We did a lot of things so I can’t explain it all here.

- I’ve always been interested in my opponent Denis, I’ve known about him for a while now. Our weights are the same so I thought I’d face him eventually. My game plan is to just go out there and fight. It’ll be a good fight. If he goes to the ground it should be a pretty good match. I’m ready all round, including grappling.

- I’m glad people say I’m one of the favorites to win after the Opening round. I think in the 2nd Round all the fights will be great.

No comments: