Tuesday, June 13, 2006

So, to start off with. Here's one to boil your noodle.

Have you ever seen Fedor make a mistake? I'm not the BJJ guy some are, so maybe his grappling is more in the Russian style than a tight technical Brazillian style, but still. Has he ever tried something to have it countered, failed in a takedown to land in a bad position? (I'm not talking about being taken down)

Whenever he does anything, he does it correctly, and whenever he tries something, he succeeds. That's pretty scary.

The only miscalculation I can think of is him getting sloppy vs. Fujita in the standup. Yeah I know, real insight there. But still. I mean, Herring swept him once or twice, and Herring has terrible wrestling (both statements are true of Nogueira too), but he was never in a really bad position.

Call me on it if I'm wrong.

No comments: